Nauseous from the pills that I've been taking for the last two weeks, I decided to take a bath to somehow alleviate the discomfort I've been feeling. The waves of nausea came like the ebb and flow of tides, the bath water seemed to exacerbate it as I imagined myself in the ocean bobbing up and down.
I emptied the tub, as I laid in it, concentrating on the sound of the water swirling down the drain. I needed something to divert my attention away from the nausea. I maneuvered the handles with my feet to turn on the shower, I didn't have the strength or energy to sit up. I felt dead, but I welcomed the shower water coming from above. Its rhythm not matching my nausea at all.
I imagined myself a corpse lying in the rain. The beads of water raining down on my torso felt nice. What felt even better was the outer ring of shower water hitting against my face. It felt cooler. My mind was blank, I focused my attention to how the beads hit my lips. It felt nice, sensual. Minutes passed, I was no longer the dying corpse I felt that I was a while ago. Especially as I awoke from my trance, choking on the water that slowly accumulated in my mouth.
I'm alive and it could be worse, I need to make the best of it. I felt better temporarily. Two more weeks of hell, I can only hope. But if my liver enzymes are elevated, a worse hell will begin.

No comments:
Post a Comment